How to: Submit an INC Grade Change

These instructions are only for change change requests where the student has received an Incomplete (INC). For other grade change requests, please click here.

After an incomplete (INC) has been granted to a student, they until the following semester to resolve the grade before it turns into an FIN (failed incomplete). Requests to change the grade from an INC to the appropriately earned grade should be submitted once the student has completed the necessary work.

Submission of this request requires the use of a personal Access-code. The Office of the Registrar does not have access to create or reset access codes.

To access the INC Grade Changes Online queue, follow the steps below.

  • Log into BC WebCentral.
  • Click on E-services on the left hand side menu.
  • Under Restricted Administrative Applications, click on INC Grade Changes Online from the list of applications.
  • Enter your Access-code. Then, click Submit.
  • Select the semester that the course was taken using the drop down menu. Enter the class number (e.g., 4057). Then, click Submit.
  • Click on Change Grade next to the student that you need to submit the change for.
  • Complete the form below. The following fields need to be completed. The remaining fields are optional but should be completed. After you have entered all information, click Submit Request.
    • Grade should be changed to
    • Reason for grade change
    • Date Work Completed

The deadline to submit an INC Grade Change can be found on the academic calendar online.

Processing Time
INC Grade Change requests are typically processed within 5-7 business days.
Access Requests
Faculty may request access to submit INC Grade Change requests if they do not have access. To do so, please submit the request to Requests must include your full name and EMPL ID number.
Contact Us
If you need any support with submitting this request, please contact us at

Related Articles